Friday, April 1, 2011

And so life moves on.

 I stumbled across this post about childlike faith and thought that everyone should read it.

 I know that I've been terrible about blogging lately. I have no problem talking. So why can't my fingers talk as much?

I started a new job recently. I'm one of those sample ladies that you try to run from in large grocery stores.
I had forgotten how tiring it is to stand all afternoon. I don't work that many hours. Only two afternoons a week, but my feet hurt. I used to do it all the time, must be getting old. Or maybe, just maybe it's a good reason to get new shoes.

How about these? They're black and closed toe. They follow all the regulations. And they're cute.
They recommend that we try the product before sampling so we know what we're talking about. This afternoon it's a Chicken Alfredo Skillet Dinner. What does that sound like?... GARLIC! Yes, it is a bad word. That's why I wrote it in tiny letters.
That means six and a half hours of garlic smelling.

7 comments:

  1. We always run *to* the sample lady! I love free food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are awesome. I am not sure they will help with sore feet thought. Alfredo sounds great right now. Breath be darned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoes! I would keel over wearing them all day though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicoline! I just found your blog! :D I didn't know you blog because you didn't mention that anywhere, but anyway I'm here to stay! :)

    I love garlic! Your dish sounds yummy. I'm usually a vegetable person, but if it's a skillet dinner with garlic, I'd have it! :)

    Good luck with your new job! Well today's the 9th and you wrote this on 1st April, so you've already had a week of work right? How was it, besides tiring?

    Those shoes look a tad uncomfortable, heels and all. Maybe you could get cute flat pumps, much more suitable for the work! I've worked as a book sales person once for three days, standing for about 9 hours on one of the days at book stalls, and the pumps really helped in that it did not kill my feet!

    Lots of love!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sweet of you Emilie. I do have really yummy things from time to time. :)
    Heather- I did end up trying it. It was delicious, good enough to not mind garlic breath.
    Howard House- I bet you would look glamerous in whatever shoes you wore.
    Rizzie- Yay, glad you found it. I don't post very often. I worked this week too. It's pretty fun, and I do need to get sensible shoes for work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah such awesome shoes!

    hope you'll enter my giveaway
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for your comment :) maybe you should try it out - it's so much fun!

    those heels would be perfect - i have a pair similar to those myself from primark :)

    Vintage Stop at www.vickileestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time. Cheers!