Thursday, March 8, 2012

I've become one of those.

It all started on Saturday afternoon. Jeremy came home from town with a deepfryer.
I've never wanted a deepfryer, and whenever offered one I've always refused on the premises that deepfried food is bad for you and should be a treat. Something that should require great amounts of effort to do. And should never be taken lightly.
Plus actually owning a deepfryer smacks of boxed suppers, yard cars, misspelled tattoos and duct tape.
So far my deepfrying efforts have consisted of Chinese chicken balls and onion strings about twice a year; fried in a pan on the stove.
But now I have this THING, sitting on my counter. Seeing as he had made the effort and actually bought it. I thought I'd better show some appreciation and made homemade french fries for supper. They were pretty great, and surprisingly my kitchen didn't smell too bad. But I wasn't going to admit it.
Then came Monday, and right there in my facebook newsfeed was a recipe for donuts. Coincidence?
I made the donuts.

And they were perfectly light and fluffy, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

So I have succumbed.

Redneck







 

"The glorious absence of sophistication"
-Jeff Foxworthy

1 comment:

  1. yummmm deep fried I think I'm in love jajaj great post !!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time. Cheers!